Overview: adapted from The Edinburgh Lectures on Mental Science
By Thomas Troward
Edited by J Douglas Bottorff
These are the steps of the manifestation process according to Thomas Troward. I have taken the liberty of editing them because, reflecting the common writing style of his day, Troward was quite verbose and sometimes difficult to understand. These steps can be useful to anyone interested in setting their life in order based on spiritual principle. 5 part series follows.
- Form a clear picture of your desire with the understanding that, by so doing, you impress your desire upon the Creative Life Force. This understanding takes this first step out of the region of fantasy.
- Know that you are working with law. With calm expectation of a corresponding result, you know that all necessary conditions will come about in proper order.
- Enter your daily routine with the calm assurance that conditions are either present already or will soon present themselves. If you do not see evidence at once, know that the spiritual prototype (your desire) is already in existence.
- Wait until some circumstance pointing in the desired direction begins to show itself. It may be small, but it is the type and not the magnitude of the circumstance that is important. This is the first sprouting of the seed.
- Do calmly, without excitement, whatever the circumstance seems to require. This will lead to the further unfolding of other circumstances in the same direction. By addressing each one as it appears, you are moving step by step toward the accomplishment of your desire.
3 thoughts on “The Manifestation Process Overview”
I found this video on you tube by chance a few months back while reading Thomas Troward’s books. I loved the video, the way the explanations are summarized in text and even these articles. I am an attorney, turned business owner, turned dementia/alzheimer’s caregiver to my dad so I very much appreciate the way you present your talks; summarize the explanation under videos and structure your articles. My legal brain loves the simple flowing logic of the way you communicate these meaningful life skills. Through your teachings I have come to discover more of my favorite authors – Emily Cady, Lillian De Waters, Vivian May Williams, Brown Landone and more from the 18-1900’s. I wanted to say thank you Douglas Bottorff – your impact is felt all the way out here in South Africa. Please do continue to keep them coming!!!
Thank you very much for your wonderful comment. It’s a thrill to know we’re reaching you in South Africa, and please know we’ll keep these messages coming. The very best to you, Lisanya, in your continued quest. Blessings, Rev. Doug
Simple, down-to-earth, practical–like a true Scotsman.